Provide the Support that Agents Want
If you are looking to add agents to your brokerage, you can improve your recruiting efforts by providing the support that agents want from a broker.
Our research shows that agents are looking for brokers that can provide services that match their sales goals and can help out when needed.
Real estate agents who identified themselves as new to the industry, listed training as being very important; while the more experienced real estate agents say office and transaction coordination support carry more weight.
All agents say that they want their broker to be knowledgeable about the housing market in their area, and to be available to help with contracts and disclosures.
Support that Brokers Should Provide
1. Administrative Assistance: Provide help with client follow-up, check paperwork, answers to different types of real estate transactions.
2. Showing Services: Setup listings appointments, and call to confirm appointments on occasion, when the agent is too busy to do it themselves.
3. Sample Marketing Materials: Provide sample materials that the real estate agent can use for getting new business – sample marketing letters; sample ads for social media; sample phone scripts; sample postcard, etc.
4. Online System to Track Sales: Provide an easy way for real estate agents to check their sales volume, upcoming closings, and to manage the paperwork for their deals.
5. Broker Available to Answer Questions: Provide help when a deal becomes complex; offer suggestions to save a deal; and be available for real estate agent to contact broker by email, phone or text with questions.
Real estate agents report wanting to see their broker as a mentor, someone they can talk with, and someone, with whom they can have a good working relationship.